Marijuana or weed is slowly becoming more acceptable in today’s society. Scientific research has continued to show there are medical benefits in using this plant. The drug comes from a marijuana plant and has not been approved by the FDA to be used as medicine. However, there is new science that has developed marijuana into other chemicals that can be taken in a pill form. The FDA has approved these forms. The plant contains a lot of different types of chemicals. Each chemical has different effects on the body. The chemical that makes people feel high is called THC. The second main marijuanna’s cannabinoid is CBD, and it doesn’t make people hight. Instead, it helps to relieve the severe symptoms of many diseases and reduce pain. Exactly CDB is the basis of medical drugs.
Diseases Medical Marijuana is Used For
There are many types of diseases that people say marijuana helps. However, not all of them have been scientifically proven for yet. The research says it helps very specific and sometimes the benefits seem to overlap with the unproven diseases. These are the following symptoms that medical marijuana has been proven to help.
- It reduces anxiety.
- It reduces inflammation in the body. That helps relieve pain too.
- It can be used to negate vomiting that is caused by chemotherapy.
- It can slow cancer cells from spreading and even kill them.
- It can help relax muscles.
- It can create appetites for people. Many people have illnesses or on medication that makes them not want to eat.
Since many diseases have side effects that cause some of the above symptoms, marijuana has been used to help people deal with a whole range of illnesses. These include the following.
- It can relax people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- It can kill cancer cells and increase appetite for people on chemotherapy.
- It can reduce the inflammations caused by Crohn’s disease.
- It can help people with anorexia eat.
- It can reduce the anxiety experienced by people with schizophrenia and PTSD.
- It can help people with muscle spasms. Some illnesses such as MS can cause these spasms.
Can I Buy Medical Marijuana Anywhere?
In most states, you will need a written recommendation from a medical professional. A lot of times this depends on how much your doctor trusts marijuana as medicine. Some states require you to get an ID card that is specific for marijuana. Once you have the necessary documents according to your state, you can go to a dispensary and buy it.
Ways for Intake
Dispensaries usually sell different types of marijuana that can be used in different ways. The most common way to take it is by smoking. The other ways to make it have different effects on the body. The fastest way for the effects to take place is by smoking it.
- You can inhale it by turning it into a mist like substance.
- You can eat it. This is commonly done in a brownie, fortune cookie or lollipop form.
- You can use lotion or cream and apply it on your skin.